Welcome to Shame Into Joy’s “Blessed Cafe”
.. if it is possible to face them (experiences of shame), instead of seeking protection from what they reveal, they may throw light on who one is, and hence point the way toward who and what one may become.”
– Helen Lynd
A Meditation on the Entrance to the Shame Into Joy “Blessed Cafe”
I hope you will feel most welcome. Take some deep, comfortable, compassionate breaths, inhaling while saying to yourself, “You are a treasure,” and exhaling saying to yourself, “You are precious and your journey from conception to present to future is precious.” Inhale: treasure, exhale: precious, inhale: treasure, exhale: blessed. Imagine you are in a wooden upper floor of a “Blessed Cafe” over the ocean. air. Sun rays are warming your face and side. Your breaths are like ocean waves rising and falling, and rolling out to the shore. A jasmine-scented breeze occasionally stirs you and ruffles your clothes. Your stresses of the day and week recede. Sit a spell in the comfortable green velvet chair. You can use it as a rocking chair, or adjust it on the left side to give you an awesome back massage. Here is a virtual Vegan berry muffin with hot lemon-ginger tea. Below is the menu you can order from. Feel free to write me at Claudia@ShameIntoJoy.com with any comments or suggestions. Bon Appetit.
It is hoped that all of our selections will either open doors to your joy or lighten guilt and shame, or both.
Appetizers for Shame-Shifting
Blogs, Posts, Confessions
- My Friend Shame – Speaking to Shame as An Old Friend
- The Gift of Guilt: GPS of the Soul – An Expressive Arts Exercise for Lightening Guilt and Sharing of My Experience with Guilt as a Widow
- “Fraffirmations: Treasured Words from Friends” Audio – How and Why to Save Words that are Loving and Touch Your Soul
- Journal Pages – Pages for You to Journal In
- Stepping into Aliveness: Intimacy, Sexuality and Shame-Shifting – An Awesome Interview With Greta Hassel
- Embracing with Compassion: Mistakes, Fumbling, Looking Foolish – A Blog Putting in a Good Word for Fumbling and Making Mistakes
- Bridge from Guilt to Compassion – An Earlier Version of “The Gift of Guilt”
- Nine Shame-Shifting Tips – See the Earliest Blogs for When Claudia Was Going Through a Shame Breakthrough and Seeing and Tasting It
- Shame Unraveled – A Video
- Love and the Power of Boo – (I’m trying to coax this dog of a writing out of its doghouse). A short essay from a possibly emerging book called: How to Write Like You Speak…To Your Dog
- Getting to Honest in the E-mail Greeting – Sometimes I don’t feel like sending hugs and kisses at the end of an email. Here are some fantasy greetings that could be sent.
Side-Dishes of Loving Yourself When ______ Happens
(Dishes to be added to menu when chef gets back from rehab).
What If Shame A Poem about Releasing From Past Shame – Free Gift for You for Having the Courage to Stop By!)
More on the way
A Bit of Poetry About Eng-Aging
You Are Not Bad! Recording for Children and Playful Inner Children
Humor-aide, Self-Acceptance Tea, Healthy Shame Shakes:
Take Home Menu, Services:
Journal Pages for your journaling pleasure
Exercises: Expressive Arts (click on “Lighting A Candle…” and see exercise at end)
The Gems Inside You 2 Video With Song (for Children, Inner Children)
Thankful Thighs 1, the Intro
Story of Shame into Joy: Bio (Published in “Daily Breeze”)